Help! I need a Data Management Plan! Get started using the DMP Assistant and More (RDM Series #2)
Help! I need a Data Management Plan! Get started using the DMP Assistant and More (RDM Series #2) Online
Part of the CAUL-CBUA 2021 Research Data Management Series.
Brought to you by the CAUL-CBUA Digital Preservation and Stewardship Committee in partnership with Acenet and NDRIO-Portage
Are you required to have a data management plan by your funder? Or are you part of a collaborative project and want to ensure everyone is aware of their responsibilities for data management? Or maybe you simply want to be a good data steward and have a plan to manage your data. If so, you’ve come to the right session! Erin and Louise will help you get started by providing you with the tools and resources to create an effective data management plan, whether it’s for an individual project or as part of a large collaboration.
By the end of this session, participants will:
- Understand the importance and utility of data management plans
- Be able to build a data management plan for a current project using the free, online Portage DMP Assistant tool.
- Have an awareness of resources such as the exemplar DMPs and sensitive data toolkit that can help in the planning process.
- Erin MacPherson is the Research & Instruction Librarian based in Truro at the Dalhousie University Agricultural Campus.
- Louise Gillis is the Research Data Management Librarian and Liaison Librarian for the College of Pharmacy and the School of Health Administration (Interim) at Dalhousie.
- Thursday, October 21, 2021
- 1:00pm - 2:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Atlantic Time (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.